- Manila Office Space >
- Location >
- Quezon City >
- Quezon City Offices >
- UP North Science Technology Park
UP North Science Technology Park
UP North Science Technology Park Photo Gallery
Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
Get a Free QUOTE
UP North Science Technology Park: Amenities
After three years of talks, the Universityof the Philippines (UP) has finally approvedAyala Land, Inc.'s bid to convert a 37.5-hectare idle property owned by the school in Quezon City into a science and technology (S&T) Park. The development,to be named the North S&T Park, will rise on the 98-hectare UP-Diliman property along Commonwealth Avenue last may 2006. AyalaLand is set to start the construction of a 20,000-square meter facility late that year.The exact investment for the first building was not disclosed. Tenants for the first building will include companies in information technology (IT) software development and business process outsourcing. Some of the tenants will be companies from the nearby five-hectare Technology Business Incubator (TBI) site looking at expanding. The incubation site is a joint project between UP and the Ayala Foundation, Inc. The PEZA Board approved IT economic zone status for 26 hectares of land at the UPDiliman campus. About five hectares were earmarked for the UP and Ayala Foundation incubation project while the remaining 21 hectares are portions at the North S&T Park.
The vision for UP North Science & Technology Park
- The UP North S&T Park shall be developed into a prestigious and dynamic S&T Park where research and technology-based collaborative projects between industry and academe thrive
- It shall be a catalyst for the development of the IT and ITES (Information Technology and IT-Enabled Services) industries, which offer the promise of continued growth for the country and employment for many Filipinos.
- It shall also be a vehicle for transforming innovative ideas into commercial products and start-up companies.
How big is the UP North S&T Park?
- The UP North S&T Park is located on a 37.5 ha. lot along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City
- For the office component, the ten office buildings will have a total gross leasable area (GLA) of approximately 110,000 sqms
- Each building will have four (4) floors with an average floor plate of 2,500 sqms. per floor and an average gross leasable area (GLA) of 10,000 sqms. per building.
Types of companies are targeted to locate in the park
- Target companies to locate in the park include firms in the high-technology fields (i.e. telecommunications, telematics, IT, biotechnology) and high-value business process outsourcing (BPO) (i.e. accounting, animation, software development, design and engineering services), as well as start-up companies or incubatees.
Facilities and amenities available in the park
- Other facilities envisaged include a visitors' center, a
business center, meeting rooms, fitness and recreation centers and
other lifestyle support facilities
What is the projected population of the park at full build-out?
- The park is expected to accommodate an estimated 40,000 full-time employees at full build-out (given total GLA of about 110,000 sqm., 1 seat per 6 sqm. of space and a work shift multiplier of 2.20)
UP North Science Technology Park office space for rent, UP North Science Technology Park office space for lease, UP North Science Technology Park for sale
Contact KMC MAG Group for UP North Science Technology Park